Kamikaze Collection ISM Coat v3.0
Updated formula for better ease of application, while retaining excellent durability and looks
The Japanese are the undisputed pioneers in glass coating technology, and thanks to KAMIKAZE, we now have a brand new coating technology and complete maintenance system that sets the (very high) standards in the coating world.
First and foremost, it is easy to apply and remove. Many coatings on the market are very difficult to apply and remove, and the manufacturers try to hide it in the name of “hardness” or “durability”. A coating doesn’t have to be difficult to apply and / or remove to be good!
Secondly, it is a great base layer coating that is strong, durable, and more resistant to water spotting than traditional glass coatings (a weakness inherent in the formula). It can be used by itself on both paint and plastic trim, or it can be a part of the complete system with using KAMIKAZE Over Coat as the sacrificial layer. On paint, it produces a deep rich gloss like a boutique carnauba wax. Regardless of the color of the car, ISM Coat v3.0 dramatically improves the looks! On black plastic trim (or items like windshield wiper arms), it will fully restore it to a deep original black, and protect it for a very long time! Just one formula works for both applications. As for durability, a proper application can last a realistic 24-36 months. KAMIKAZE doesn’t over-hype durability and hardness claims like so many other manufacturers do…they just produce a fantastic coating that will look great and last a long time.
Finally, ISM Coat V3.0 provides strong water-repellent properties like a fine wax. Let’s face it…everybody loves to see fine water beading or water droplets that fly off the car when driving, and ISM COAT provides just that. And for those who want the craziest water beading available, we recommend maintaining ISM Coat v3.0 with Kamikaze’s Over Coat (sacrificial layer).
It may be used as a single-layer coating or in combination with Kamikaze Miyabi as the base layer with a single layer of ISM v3.0 on top. Multi-layering of substances with different properties has advantages in all aspects such as durability of the film itself and the improvement of aesthetics.
Instructions for Applying ISM v3.0
- Make sure surface has been completely cleaned and decontaminated. The cleaner the surface, the better the bond!
- Even if you don’t machine-polish the surface first, you want to do a thorough wipe-down with a stripping agent like Gyeon Prep. Use several towels throughout the process.
- Shake the bottle well as the carbon nanotubes may have settled.
- Using a dropper or pipette, apply a few straight lines of ISM v3.0 onto your applicator cloth
- Starting with horizontal / top surfaces first, apply ISM v3.0 in straight lines only (no cross-hatch, no circular application), and slightly overlap from one line to the next.
- Once you have evenly applied the coating to approximately a 3′ x 3′ section of your car, start your removal process. Do not apply to multiple panels before removing the coating. Any more than this, and the coating will become very difficult to remove and it will leave a smeary finish. If this happens, apply more product right on top of the affected area, and immediately remove. When applying to larger panels like a hood or roof, split the panel in half and do each half as a separate ‘panel’, overlapping slightly where the sections meet.
- Using 2 different towels (Eagle Edgeless 300 for initial wipe, and Eagle Edgeless 350 for the secondary wipe), thoroughly wipe down the section to remove the ISM residue. Your first wipe should remove about 80% of the residue, and your second wipe should easily remove the balance. Use small, circular motions and little to no pressure during removal. Be sure to check adjacent panels to make sure you haven’t “pushed” ISM coat to other areas. Use a flashlight for inspection to make sure every bit of residue is gone. If you fail to remove all of the residue, it will become a dark spot once it cures, and it will require machine-polishing to correct. If you’re finding the residue challenging to remove, try a small spritz of water or a damp MF cloth to help with the removal.
- Multiple coats are not necessary.
- If you are doing the Miyabi / ISM combo, apply the Miyabi first per instructions, then wait for about 1 hour before applying ISM v3.0 according to the instructions above.
- Keep the vehicle dry for a minimum of 24 hours, but the longer the better. Do not wash the vehicle for 7 days. When you do wash, we recommend Kamikaze Collections Anti-Aging Shampoo.
- Maintain your ISM v3.0 coat with a product like Overcoat from Kamikaze-Collection.
- Once the bottle of coating is opened, the curing process begins, even if you put the cap back on tightly. Once opened, you should use the coating within one month’s time.
- Please be sure to use all coatings as soon as you can from the time you receive them.
- All coatings have a limited shelf life due to the chemical nature of how they crystallize. Look to use coatings within 4-6 months of receiving them (less if bottle is opened).
- Only use pH neutral shampoos, with no additives, gloss enhancers, waxes, or polymers.
- Can be used on both painted surfaces, and plastic trim.
- Weight: 0.3 lb